Welcome to My Climb Against the Odds Page
Lisa B. Rostad
Kate the Great
Kaitlin and Brent Bernell
Katz, Holliday, Sturman Families
S & V Ciccarello
Chris & Christine
Sandy 'Sandra' A. Biagi
The Deh Family
Don and Gloria Herzog
Ms. Jean Hediger
Carol and Jim Frankel
Annette & Frank Dover
Laurie and Bert Rosenbaum
Mom and Dad
Company Clif Bar Family Foundation
Betti and Michael Tiner
The DeBoer Family
Carolyn and Jay Kaplan
Ms. Erin Markey
Betsy Black - GO KB GO!!!!
Lynn Hashinsky... GO KATIE!
Mr. Richard A Collins
Bernie & Sue Konrady
Company Clif Bar & Company
Uncle Bob and Aunt Sherrie Frachtman
Susan and Jay Gillette
Joanne & Bruce Levy
Claudia Perkins & Bruce Johnson
MARK & PATRICIA RAUCH
Go Katie!!! Love what you are doing!!
Karen and Joseph Chesnick, Jr.
Suzanne Bruce and Malcolm Waddell
Loyd Stegent in honor of Kathy Harkey
Ms. Melissa Leebove
Help me Climb Against the Odds!
I have been so humbled by the strength and courage that my grandmother, aunt, and countless other loved ones have exhibited in their fights against Breast Cancer, and am so grateful for the advances that medicine has made to keep these strong women in my life. I however am 25, and I decided this year that I didn't want to wait around to find a cure. In June 2014 I will participate in the Breast Cancer Fund's Climb Against the Odds, a mountain expedition for breast cancer prevention.
This summer I am joining a team of inspiring women and men from across the country to help stop this disease before it affects others in our lives. Between now and June, I'm training to climb 14,179-foot Mt. Shasta in Northern California. At the same time, I'm fundraising in support of the Breast Cancer Fund's groundbreaking work to prevent breast cancer by eliminating our exposure to toxic chemicals and radiation linked to the disease.
I am so grateful to have the opportunity to bring awareness to The Breast Cancer Fund, and ask that you join me in this journey of a lifetime by making a donation to support my climb.
Everyone has been touched in some way by this devastating disease. Together, we'll make prevention possible.
Thank you for your support!
PRAYER FLAGS: Dedicate a prayer flag in honor or in memory of a loved one who has been touched by cancer by making a donation of $100 or more. You'll get to send the flag to the recipient of your choice, and I'll get a copy to take with me for the climb up Shasta! My flags will then be added to the permanent collection at BCF.
Look at some of the Breast Cancer Fund's highlights of 2013! I'm so excited to support this work in 2014!
Spurred the evolution of outdated chemical laws:
- California threw out an outdated law requiring toxic flame retardants in furniture
- The FDA banned BPA in infant formula packaging
- The House of Representatives AND the Senate invited BCF to testify about the need to reform chemical laws
- California launched the Safer Consumer Products Program
Pushed corporations to sell safer products:
- Walmart announced it will no longer sell cosmetics or cleaners made with certain toxic chemicals
- Target launched a new standard to promote ingredient safety
- Procter & Gamble agreed to phase out several harmful chemicals
- Johnson & Johnson made good on its promise to remove toxic chemicals from children’s bath products
- 50,000 cancer survivors and supporters demanded that Revlon take cancer-causing chemicals out of makeup
Advanced scientific research on the links between chemical exposures and breast cancer:
- BCF released a headline-grabbing report on prenatal BPA exposure
- A federal advisory committee that BCF President co-chaired concluded that we can lower breast cancer risk by reducing toxic chemical and radiation exposures.